Bell Peppers - Mixed
- Our Gaurantee
Bell Peppers are a very popular addition to the diet of bunnies, guinea pigs & other small animals. They contain high levels of vitamin C which is perfect for Guinea Pigs as they are unable to produce vitamin C themselves (read more about supplementing vitamin C), so it must be supplemented.
Our dried Bell Peppers are beautiful and vibrant, with a lovely sweet smell, which your small pet will have no trouble eating! These can be sprinkled over hay to encourage foraging, or simply fed separately in a treat dish. As with most dried fruit & veg, Bell peppers contain natural sugars so make sure to limit feeding.
- 100% Natural
- Adds variety to their diet
- Perfect for sprinkling over hay!
- Packed full of natural vitamins & minerals
- Excellent source of Vitamin C
- Suitable for most small animals
This Product is suitable for:
Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Hamsters and most other small animals & Rodents
100% Dried Bell Peppers
All of our Forage is naturally sourced with no additives & no chemicals, making them perfectly safe for all animals
Should I feed dried fruit & veg every day?
- Dried fruit & veg is a much-loved treat, they taste delicious, but they are high in sugar. We recommend feeding rabbits, Guinea Pigs & Hamsters small amounts every other day (roughly). When possible, always go for unsweetened fruit! Rats, Mice & Gerbils can be fed a bit more, small portions every day will be fine. If you do notice your pet starting to put on weight, either cut down the amount of dried fruit & veg you are feeding or feed less often.
How do I start feeding natural forage?
- We recommend when introducing new forage that you always trial it to make sure your small pet eats it & doesn't react negatively to it (diarrhoea or other digestive issues). It's very rare that rabbits react negatively to forage, but it's always best to be safe!
Should I be giving my Guinea Pig extra vitamin C?
- Guinea Pigs are unable to produce vitamin C themselves, so it must be added to their diet. Products such as Dried Bell Peppers or Vitamin C Boost are perfect additions to your Guinea Pigs diet, not only are they delicious, but they are rich sources of vitamin C.
How do I know if my Guinea Pig needs more vitamin C?
Guinea Pigs that are deficient in vitamin C may have:
- Poor Hair Coat
- Swellings or sores around the mouth
- Delayed wound healing
- Poor appetite
- Difficulty moving or swollen joints.
If your Guinea Pig shows any of these symptoms, try feeding foods that are high in Vitamin C such as Vitamin C Boost or Dried Bell Peppers. If you see no improvement after a few days, contact your vet.
When will I get my order?
- We aim to dispatch all orders within 1-2 working days, all orders are sent via next day delivery with either Royal Mail, FedEx UK, or DPD, this will be stated in your order details once it has been dispatched. You should receive your order in around 2-3 working days.